The Clothesline aims to provide a comfortable and fun place where students can find a wide variety of clothing for school. Qualifying students will be able to select a full wardrobe of clothing twice a year – free of charge.
The basic wardrobe includes:
- 5 tops, shirts or blouses
- 4 bottoms, pants, shorts, skirts
- 5 pairs of new underwear and socks (once per year)
As available, we also may be able to provide:
- Girl’s dresses or boy’s formalwear
The Clothesline aims to provide a comfortable and fun space in which student-clients and their families can find a wide variety of clothing options. Qualifying students will be able to select a full wardrobe of clothing twice a year, free of charge.
This wardrobe includes:
- 5 tops, shirts and blouses
- 4 bottoms, pants, shorts or skirts
- 5 pairs of new underware
- 5 pairs of new socks
And as available:
- 1 coat or jacket
- 1 pair of shoes
- 1 dress
In order to prepare and plan the best shopping experience, students and their families are asked to make an appointment the Clothesline in advance.
Our summer season has ended. We are not taking appointments or orders for clothing while we change inventory.
The Fall/Winter season will begin in September. Please check back then for more information.
Any child residing and attending school in Arlington County (kindergarten to 12th grade) that meets the qualifications below is eligible for services from The Clothesline.
There are two ways to qualify:
- Present a letter from Arlington Public Schools indicating your child receives benefits from the Free and Reduced Price Lunch Program
- Present a referral letter from a school social worker, a local social services organization, or a place of worship. The letter must be on the letterhead of that organization.