The Clothesline aims to provide a comfortable and fun space in which students and their families can find a wide variety of clothing options. Qualifying students will be able to select a full wardrobe of clothing twice a year, free of charge.
Because of the pandemic, we are still unable to welcome clients into our store. However, we are offering a pre-selected wardrobe of clothing from our inventory of fall/winter clothing. Click the button below to complete a form for each of your eligible children.
The basic wardrobe this fall will include:
- 5 tops, shirts or blouses
- 4 bottoms, pants, or skirts
- 5 pairs of new underwear (once per school year)
- 5 pairs of new socks (once per school year)
Based on our limited availability, we also may be able to provide:
- 1-2 bras
- 1 dress or formal wear for boys
- 1 pajama
- A pair of shoes or winter coat
- Winter accessories (hats, gloves, mittens)
We will make every attempt to match color and style requests. However, please note that all items may not be available. At this time, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges.
The Clothesline aims to provide a comfortable and fun space in which student-clients and their families can find a wide variety of clothing options. Qualifying students will be able to select a full wardrobe of clothing twice a year, free of charge.
This wardrobe includes:
- 5 tops, shirts and blouses
- 4 bottoms, pants, shorts or skirts
- 5 pairs of new underware
- 5 pairs of new socks
And as available:
- 1 coat or jacket
- 1 pair of shoes
- 1 dress
In order to prepare and plan the best shopping experience, students and their families are asked to make an appointment the Clothesline in advance.
Please click here for the Contactless Clothing Order Form
Any child residing and attending school in Arlington County (kindergarten through 12th grade) that meets the qualifications below is eligible for services from The Clothesline.
There are two ways to qualify for services from The Clothesline:
- Present a letter indicating that your child receives benefits from the Free or Reduced Lunch Program
- Present a referral letter from a school social worker, a place of worship, Department of Human Services, or local social services organization. The referral letter must be on the letterhead of that organization and sent to the Clothesline prior to the appointment.